Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

What is it with some people? Why do they think it's okay to throw their trash out of the car window? Do they throw trash out into their yards? (Well, some do, but they aren't who I'm talking about here.) I see all kinds of detritus by the side of the road every time I venture out. I've seen empty six packs, used "disposable" diapers, McDonald's bags with everything paper in them, beer cans, soda cans, you name it I think I've seen it. My grandparents never littered. My parents never littered. I don't litter and I (hopefully) taught my kids not to litter. It seems that ever since "disposable" items came into being our roadsides became dumps. Just how much effort does it take to take your trash home and dispose of it there? Keep a trash bag (or small wastebasket) in your vehicle and when it's full take it in the house and dispose of it!
It is truly sad to see all that garbage in amongst the wildflowers in the center median in the spring and summer. It's especially disheartening to see chopped up trash after the mowers have gone through on the sides of the road.
Okay, if you have eaten an apple and want to get rid of the core, that will be disposed of by Mother Nature's creatures. They cannot, however, eat used "disposable" diapers! Or cans! Or bottles! You get my drift.
Refrain, for once at least, from disposing of your trash out the window and let's see if we can clean up our roadsides.
Thank you and good day.

No comments: