Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Reading

I always enjoy reading my favorite blogs in the morning.  I don't write much 'cause there really isn't much to write about.  I try to keep busy doing different things but sometimes that's just not enough.  I go on a cruise in February just to get out of the gray, dull weather.  My seratonin level is at its lowest then and my body craves sunshine and warmth.  It's not that the winters here are that long, they aren't.  It's just the short, often gray days that get to me.  I save up for those trips and enjoy every minute.  When I get back I know that spring isn't too far away.  Also I get in my once a year visit with my brother.  We have never been close but do keep in touch from time to time.  I've tried talking my sister into going with me but she doesn't like to be away from home for any length of time.....sigh.  We aren't close either.  Mine was what is known as a "dysfunctional" family.
Every once in a while, when the weather is particularly nasty for a day or two, I get a bad case of the blahs.  Recognizing it for what it is I simply accept the fact that I won't get anything done around the house.  Most times I curl up on my recliner with my "blankie" and a good read.  My cat often curls up with me and the only time I get up is to either let her out/in, use the facilities, or get another cup of tea.  The feeling goes away and I get on with my life.  I'm sure there are some of you out there in the great big blue nowhere that go through somewhat the same.  I'm lucky I recognize and get through it and hope that those in similar circumstances can too.
Y'all have a cozy day and remember:  despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

At least you know the blahs for what they are, where some folks let themselves get so caught up in the feeling that it affects their mental being.

Enjoy the read and the kitty cuddle!

Momlady said...

Thanks, Jim. Glad you stopped by to say hello.