Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Made it

Well, I made it!  Got up the stairs and had my bath and washed my hair.  It wasn't easy but I was determined.  I've done this before, you see.  About ten years ago.  Same leg, almost the same spot.  Just not the same way.  Anyway, it felt good to be clean.  Also was able to get clean clothes.  So now all I can do is get more used to using crutches and then, perhaps, I'll be able to start driving....sometime next week.  You know, "they" always give you advice in the ER or whatever about being careful at "our age" watching our steps, being careful on stairs, gravel, etc.  Well, I am careful even though I am in pretty darn good shape for my age.  But sometimes the unforeseen can happen.  Many friends have called offering their help if I need it.  It's nice to know there are still folks out there who will take the time to help if needed.

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

You should be careful on those stairs.

You probably have more friends out there willing to help than you can imagine. I would, if I was closer!

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

I got my hair washed this morning, too! Did not have to climb the stairs to do it, just sit in my garden chair in the shower and contort my body while trying to keep the foot dry. But it sure feels good, doesn't it! Got my stitches out yesterday, so more tender today, but on my (patient) way to recovery. Good luck to you ...

Momlady said...

Good luck to you, too, Baby Sis.