Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, April 15, 2018

I'm back

I'm back from my vacation on Sanibel Island with my sister.  A week is not enough.  Next year, maybe, we'll do two weeks.  Up at the crack of dawn to go walk the beach and find those shells one just has to have.  Fighting conks, shark's eye, murex, scallop, janonia (if only).  Big, small collect 'em all.  Now what to do with them once they arrive in that oh so carefully packed box (I would never try to bring them home in my suitcase).  Guess they'll join the ones I sent home two years ago that are still in their box.  I'll come up with an idea one of these days.....sigh.
One of the advantages of getting up and walking the beach is....exercise.  My legs did protest those 3 miles I walked on the sand every day.  I'm still feeling it.  I'm going to have to come up with way to keep those calf muscles up to doing it again next year (I hope).  Maybe stairs?  I do have those here.  Plus I could (on nice days) walk down to the vegetable stand and back.  That's 3 miles.  Couldn't hurt.   All I have to do is DO IT!  Not today, though, it's raining.  Guess I'll do some cleaning then sew.
Y'all have a good day and remember:  he who hesitates may just be trying to make up his mind.

4 comments:

HermitJim said...

Sounds like you had a good time and a pleasant visit. I'm happy that you got some pleasant exercise as well. Collecting all those shells sounds almost like fun!

Welcome home!

Sixbears said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good one!

Momlady said...

Pleasant exercise that my legs told me they weren't happy with, HJ, but it was worth it!
Thank you, Sixbears. Hope your journey home's a good one.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Good to hear from you again. Glad you're back ~