Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Year

A new year has arrived.  Perhaps it will be better than the last, perhaps.  One can only hope.  Mother Nature is letting us know how upset she is with us.  Not all the happenings have been on the news.  Did you know that Mt. Etna was erupting?  I haven't seen it on the news.  Only reason I knew about it was because I follow BBC.  What about cracks in a new multi-story apartment building in England?  The news we get is selective.  And, these days, mostly opinion.  Mother Nature is not selective.  Here we have had over a foot above the average rain.  The ditches along side my driveway have white caps.  The ground is so saturated that a good wind storm will take down a lot of trees.  I'd rather have snow.  Yeah, yeah I know, an inch of rain equals a foot of snow.  I can handle that a lot better, and it's prettier.  But hey, who am I?  May this year bring you good health, peace of mind, and, most of all, stability.
Blessed be.

5 comments:

texasann said...

Happy New year to you, Momlady. We, too, follow World 🌎 News nd BBC instead of the national.

Much health,stability, and peace to you in this new year. And love above all ...

Momlady said...

Thank you texasann.

HermitJim said...

I trust Mother Nature and BBC a lot more than the local news we get here. Way too much untruths in the news from the U.S., I think.

Best wishes for a wonderful year for you!

Momlady said...

I'm with you on that, HJ. Thanks for stopping by.

Tatersmama said...

Doesn't that "selective news" just frost your Granny??!! We have a TV, but seldom even bother to turn it on, anymore, so most of my "news" comes from other (more reliable) sources. We had close to 70 inches of rain for the year last year, with almost 11.75. falling in December alone! I am so, so ready for spring, I can't even begin to tell you! Look me up on face book... I'm Kate Marchand.