Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ha!  Yule/Christmas shopping is done!  Neither the Evil Empire nor the malls will see me from now until after the New Year unless I absotively, posilutely need something they have that I can't get from a local small store.
Tomorrow I get the catalytic converter replaced on my faithful vehicle.  Won't be long now 'til it hits the 200K mile mark.  If I take good care of it will it get to 1 million?  I sure wish GM had continued to make it.  And it's amazing how many people keep looking for them.  I'm going to hang on to it as long as I can.
I'll hate to have to let it go.
It's warm again today.  Got up to at least 70 yesterday and is already in the low 60's.  Rain weather I'm thinking.  Maybe even a storm or two.
We're going to have the gallery open on Sundays between Thanksgiving and Christmas in hopes that the local folk will shop locally.  I don't know where y'all live but it sure would be nice if you supported your local businesses instead of the large chain stores.  Ace hardware is an excellent place to shop for the project person in your life and local galleries have some really beautiful pieces for that person who is hard to shop for.  Guess what I'm trying to say is "SHOP AMERICAN" folks
Y'all have a successful day and remember:  A government powerful enough to give you what you want is powerful enough to take everything you have.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Sorry you have to be open during the weekends, but if it helps folks to shop locally maybe it's worth it!

You have a great day...and try to enjoy yourself, my friend!

Momlady said...

You have a great day, too. and if we don't have customers I'll get a lot of knitting done...lol.