Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm not sure I like this new format.  But I guess I'll learn to live with it.
I'm sore.  Yesterday a friend came over to get some lavender and help me thin out the plants.  Well, we discovered that there was one humongous plant and two smaller ones.  While she took on the job of cleaning off old stems, etc. I started getting weeds out.  Next thing you know we're tackling another bed that was nothing BUT weeds.  It was a struggle particularly since there were roots from the fig trees all in it.  We prevailed!  The soil is good so I may put the tomato plants that my daughter brought up (that I'm trying not to kill) there and maybe start some pepper plants (or buy some already started) in there as well.  Unfortunately one of the tomato plants committed suicide.  It got taller than it could sustain itself and fell over and the stem snapped.  I've buried it in a very large pot in hopes that it will revive itself.  Keep your fingers crossed.
Y'all have a good day and remember:  Normal is just a setting on a dryer.

No comments: