Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

We celebrate the winter solstice here in my house.  The tree is trimmed, the mantle decorated, gifts wrapped and stockings hung (for the two kids).  Tomorrow I'll call and try to get a burn permit so we can have our solstice fire to welcome back the sun. Hopefully the wind and rain will cooperate.  We couldn't have our bonfire last year due to wind so we had our ceremony inside with a fire in the fireplace.   I'll be making shepherd's pie and pineapple upside-down cake.  A tradition we've had for a number of years.  My daughter is the one who said that the pineapple resembled the sun.  I usually go to my son's the day after Christmas.  It's a little less chaotic.  And with the new house just getting into shape it may be more chaotic this year.  It's nice that family is close enough that I can celebrate both holidays with them.
Whichever you celebrate I hope that it is wonderful.  Bright blessings to you all.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

I wanted to thank you for the great care package you sent this way! I loved all the fine things inside, especially the meringues!

Mom thought it was great as well! Thanks again...and enjoy the holiday celebrations!

Momlady said...

You are most welcome. Nanny called me for some information and commented on the goodies. I'm glad you both enjoyed them.