Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I'm back from my visit with my friend in TN.  When my daughter and I went up she was in rough shape.  What a change!  When I went this time she was no longer looking like she wouldn't last a month.  Her color was back, she was up and around, even though she had a nasal cannula for oxygen (the tubing for which is EXTRA long so she can get almost everywhere in the house).  The reason for the change, her husband was no longer in the house.  You see, her husband no longer has any memory.  He can't remember, literally, from one minute to the next.  My friend was getting totally worn out trying to keep tabs on what he was up to every minute.  He would try to sneak out to the garage and get in the car and leave.  His daughter would have to go after him and take the keys away that he somehow found.  Luckily they were able to find a good assisted living place for him and he is very happy there.  He has moments (literally) of lucidity but not too often.  Anyway, with the stress gone, my friend has rallied....at least for a while.  My visit was, therefore, a restful one as usual.  We enjoyed one another's company, didn't make any plans to do anything, watched a couple of movies I took with me (The Lone Ranger is a hoot).  We sat out on the lanai and watched the birds while enjoying breakfast.  It was peaceful.  I plan to go back in October with the hope that she is as strong then as she is now.  She is one amazing woman.

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

I'm really glad that the visit went well and your friend is a little better!

Amazing how getting loose from a little stress can affect your health!

CottonLady said...

Oh, I am so happy you went and she was doing so well. How great that you could have a really nice quiet time together, that will be a great memory for you.

I understand about the stress of taking care of someone like that. My husband was that way for 6 years before he died. Now my 93 year old Mother is that way.

Now you can enjoy a bit of time at home.

Blessings!

Momlady said...

Jim...I came back home rested and at peace. Will have to deal with stress soon enough.
CottonLady...Hopefully you will have peace. Bless you if you are taking care of your mother.