Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Monday, March 30, 2015

I haven't written in a while.  Didn't see the "need" to since it doesn't look like anyone, except one, actually comments on what I write most of the time.  Sometimes, however, I feel the need to put down how I feel about something.  I'm a bit down right now.  Although my health, for the most part, is good I still have stomach problems and it's downright frustrating.  I've been given another medication to take for these next 30 days to see if it will solve the problem.  I'll take it even though it didn't work the last time.  This time, though, I'm taking more every day and for a longer period of time.  I used to laugh at my mother-in-law's train case of prescriptions.  Not any more.
I need to go to Florida.  I have an old friend whom I haven't seen in a long time and it's getting to that time when if I don't go I might not see him.  I've know him for over 50 years.  A long time.  He now has macular degeneration and has been in the hospital a number of times over the last two years.  Seeing as how he travelled to Alaska many a year, working in the ER at the air base, he collected a lot of stuff.  I hate to see what his condo looks like (unless he's had someone in to clean).  The point is I hope to help him de-clutter and get some order in his life before he has to go into a home.  He's offered me an air mattress to sleep on which won't be bad for a few days, but definitely not for any longer.  I'll visit with my brother and his wife, also, as they live not that far away.
Even though we haven't been close in a number of years it's almost like no time has passed when we do get in touch.  I have another friend in Houston that I've known almost as long.  Unfortunately, although I'd love to see him again, I don't think it'll happen.  But who knows?
Y'all have a peaceful day.  And if you do happen to read this, let me know would ya?  I check to see, you see.

6 comments:

Kerry O'Gorman said...

I think as we age these kinds of things creep up behind us and poke at us in the ribs saying.."see? you're getting old(er)" I was just talking to a friend the other day who is now on antidepressants and we both commented "where did our lives go?" I just lost a 12 year old dog so I know thats my excuse for feeling like shite. I think Florida sounds like a good idea. Helping someone else is always a good idea. Hope all goes well.

HermitJim said...

I know that any time you want to visit Houston, Mom would love to have you stay at her place.

Heck, I'd even order some sun for ya!

Hope your visit with your Florida friend goes well.

Momlady said...

Kerry...thank you for stopping by and commenting. I enjoy reading what other folks have to say.
Jim, thanks for the info. If I ever come to Houston I'll let you know.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Hey Momlady -
There are those of us who read your blog, but just don't think we have anything worthwhile to say. But we're here! Always good to hear from you ~

Tatersmama said...

I too have been a bit (!!) slack in posting, and I finally decided that I need to do it for myself... and my sanity - or what little is left of it. Certainly not for the accolades or comments from friends, (although they too, are nice - I cannot tell a lie!) but simply to feel a connection which others. Does that make ANY sense?

Kyddryn said...

<3