Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Purging

You can tell Spring is in the air.  I'm "purging".  That means I'm getting rid of stuff.  Stuff I don't use or haven't used in over a year or no longer find useful.  The back of my van is loaded and ready to take the trip to the local thrift store, the one that supports the women's shelter.  Why don't I have a yard sale you ask.  Too much work.  I'm lazy by nature and purging is about the only work, other than gardening, that I'll be doing.  I feel the need to organize, especially my basement!  There's lots of stuff down there just waiting for someone else to enjoy.  I'm even going to get rid of a lot of the craft stuff I no longer even think of.  There's an organization here in town that helps mentally handicapped people and one of the persons involved has great ideas for the group.  They make some incredible things.  Do you get the itch to spring clean?  Is it something in the air?
Y'all have a glorious day.

2 comments:

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

I'm much like you, Momlady. Been going through "stuff" again. Did this in the fall, and got rid of lots of things, but I'm getting serious this time. Seeing my mom trying to get us kids to take things we want, I'm doing the same with my kids. And craft stuff - shoot. I'll never finish those things! Might as well let somebody else enjoy them, maybe as much as I intended to do ...

HermitJim said...

Wonder why it is that we tend to hag on to stuff we never really use again?

My good intentions always seem to outgrow the room I have to store stuff!