Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Saturday, April 4, 2015

April

Yesterday was sunny and warm.  Last night there was a brief thunderstorm with great lightning.  April is "possible" tornado month here in GA.  The weather is pretty unpredictable.  We don't get tornados often but, when we do, they can be quite devastating.  I'm just glad it's April and spring is in the air. There are daffodils blooming and the hyacinths have already shown their color. The dogwoods are beginning to bud out and the grass is beginning to green up.
 I haven't started any seeds yet since I've seen it snow in April and last year we had a hard freeze late in the season that totally killed the fig tree.  Patience is not my strong point but, much as I'd like to get things going, I'll wait 'til the end of the month.
Y'all have a pretty day.

2 comments:

Kyddryn said...


I may start some seeds in the garage this week. And put the avocados out. Or let the nice young people who are lodging with me put the avocados out since THEIR backs aren't being horrid to them.

Mwah!

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

I love the smells of Spring - flowers, freshly cut grass, and turned over dirt. Not hot enough yet for sour little boys, so all's well on that front. And yesterday, I added the smell of roast lamb - delightful! Ligustrom and roses and lemon blossoms and ....Wish I could work outside today!
Spring has definitely come to southeast Texas!