Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

It rained yesterday evening.  Boy did it rain!!  It rained so hard the gutters couldn't handle it and the water came off the roof in sheets.  We definitely needed rain but I would rather a gentle one not one where the water is flowing like a river down my driveway.  One good thing is that it cooled it down some.  We've been in the high 80's and low 90's for a long time.  It's been a dry summer so hopefully this fall will be better.
Don't know what I'll get accomplished today.  I hope to dehydrate some apples for the winter even though the market brings in "fresh" ones from somewhere.  My favorite apples at the moment are honey crisp.  I used to like Macintosh but find that the skins are much tougher that I remember and they have become someone mealy.  Golden delicious are the same way.  Arkansas blacks are really nice and crunchy so I may do some of those also.  There's also sewing and knitting and cleaning (which never ends, it seems).  Or maybe just take the day off and laze around.  Nah, I need to do something even if it's wrong.
Y'all have an interesting day and remember:  always give 100% unless you're giving blood.

3 comments:

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Love your closing pithy remarks, Momlady. This one is a doozy ~ sure made me smile ...

HermitJim said...

Nothing wrong with lazing around, but the need to do something can be very strong! Speaking from experience here...
Hard rain just doesn't have the same charm as a gentle one, that's for sure.

Momlady said...

Sis..Most of the remarks come from t-shirt catalogs.
HJ..I did get some stuff done, but not much.