Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Friday, September 30, 2016

It's cool

A much cooler morning.  In the 50's.  Had to wear bathrobe and slippers to stay warm.  The sun is shining so it's going to be a beautiful day.  Fridays are the days when I go "play" with friends at a local gallery.  Our main purpose is to greet and assist visitors but we do our "thing" meanwhile.  A new door has been installed to hopefully bring in more people.  It's going to be interesting how we handle that since we usually meet in a room that has a view of the front door.  The new door is on the side of the building which means we are going to have to change where we gather, perhaps.  Today will be our first day with it.  I do not like to be on the front desk, nor do I like handing transactions.  I did it at the gallery I used to be in only out of necessity.  In this one there are enough of us that someone else can do it.
This evening I'm off to Road Atlanta.  There's a big race going on there but that's not why I'm going.  My daughter registers all the workers (who are volunteers, by the way) and has informed me that my presence has been requested by a number of folks I used to work with there.  It's the evening of the worker party.  The workers are fed and prizes are given out.  Everyone gets something.  This is to show appreciation for their being there and enduring the long hours and whatever weather decides to present.  They also get a goodie bag when they register.  I pat myself on the back for starting that way back when the Petit LeMans first ran.  Next year will be the 20th year it runs and, although I don't actively participate (the long hours are too much for this old body) I still help out with the worker goodies by donating some small stuff.  While it will be good to see old friends I'm glad I don't do the work anymore.
Y'all have a loverly day and remember:  Love being older.  Learn something new every day and forget 5 others.

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

Glad you are taking the time to do something you really enjoy. Cooler weather has shown up on our door as well! About time!
Have fun !