Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Rain!

We finally have rain!  Woke up in the middle of the night to answer Mother Nature's call and heard rain on the roof.  A good healthy rain.  I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that the wildfires north of here are dampened to the point that they are under total control and the firefighters can go home and get some rest. It was still raining when I got up this morning.  We're supposed to get anywhere from 1 - 3 inches.  It won't totally make up for the deficit but it sure will help.  It is supposed to rain today and tomorrow.  Thankfully the rain hasn't been a gully washer so the moisture has a chance of soaking into the ground instead of just running off.
Amazingly the road crews in the Atlanta area have been cleaning out the storm drains of leaves and debris and trimming trees that have limbs hanging out over the roads.  Folks are asked to not throw out trash from their cars (what a sad statement).  Hell, they shouldn't do that anyway!  We don't have as much of that problem up here.
Y'all have a loverly day and you know that voice inside your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't?  I should probably get one of those.

4 comments:

HermitJim said...

Glad to hear that you are finally getting some rain! Just maybe it will help in fighting the brush fires you have in the area. Sure hope so!

Sixbears said...

It's about time. You need a good soaker. That should give the firefighters the break they need.

Two Cedars Micro-Farm said...

Hello Ms Momlady I have been reading your blog for a few days and it's kinda Interesting . My name is David I am in Alabama. I have just started following your blog so I thought I would introduce my self.

Momlady said...

HJ...Don't know if you saw the news about TN. Hopefully they got some good rain up there. Glad you came by.
Sixbears...Hope so. Thanks for stopping by.
Hello David.