Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Smoke gets in your eyes.

Woke up to the smell of smoke.  There are a number of forest fires burning in North Carolina and north Georgia.  When I look out the window there is a smoky haze.  One of the fires was started by lightning.  The others by careless man.  Well over 7,000 acres have burned and it's been so dry that the fire spreads easily.  We desperately need rain.  And, unfortunately, there are people out there who feel the need to burn leaves, etc.  I'm pretty sure a ban on burning has been issued in my county.  Some people don't believe the rules pertain to them.  I can only hope (and pray) that these fires are contained soon.  Keeping my fingers crossed the wind stays light.
Not much else going on.  Glad all the bruhaha is over.  At least I hope it is.  As for those who stated they would leave the country if Trump was elected, I hope they don't let the door hit them in the ass on the way out.
Y'all have a quiet day and remember: I apologize to anyone I have not yet offended.  Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.

2 comments:

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

I'll be happy to help them pack, Momlady, but I'm betting it's just a lot of hot air on their part. After all, that's what we're used to from the Hollywood jet set, right?

HermitJim said...

Like you, I'm glad it's over. Now if things will settle down a tad, maybe we can start working together again to fix a few things that need it.

Hope the fires burn out soon.