Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Thursday, December 29, 2016

A great day.

Yesterday was a mother/daughter day.  Something we don't get much of.  Our friend A watched the Sprout.  We left a little after 9, ran an errand, got some fuel and were on our way.  I mentioned that there was a quilt shop I wanted to visit....they were closed.  I'm going to call them and see if they will honor a coupon I have that said it was good until the end of the year.  They'll be closed until the end of the year.  A disappointment.  So then we decided to go to Alexander's, a store I've heard about but never been.  It took a while to find as it is in the middle of nowhere.  Thank goodness for Google map and direction giving app on the phone.  When we stepped inside we were totally amazed.  This place is humongous!  It just keeps going and going.  You've never seen so many clothes in your life in one store.  Not just clothes, furniture and accessories too!  The store advertises that it has everything under the sun and it just about does.  To use a British term we were gobsmacked.  Did we make any purchases?  Why yes, yes we did.  Two small matching purses for our trip (hers blue, mine red), a blouse for me, a medium sized shoulder purse for her (which is amazing since she hasn't carried one for almost 20 years).  She mentioned that her chiropractor would be happy now that she doesn't carry everything in her pockets.  And a pair of blue (of course) rain boots for her.  Most everything is reasonably priced.  I will be going back and taking friends with me.  Just hope I can find it again :).  On our way to the store we passed an interesting sign for a pharmacy where you could get your meds refilled and stock up on ammo at the same time.
We then came back home after stopping at the gallery to see what's new.  All in all a really nice day.  I hope we can have more of them in the future.  I'm really looking forward to our trip in February.

3 comments:

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Sounds like a really great day, Momlady. Relish them while you both can ...
Alexander's sounds like one of HEB grocery stores - even sells furniture and tires. I'd like to visit that pharmacy, too ...

HermitJim said...

Sounds like you had a nice little trip. Important to build some memories while you are able, I think.That pharmacy sounds like a great place to stock up on band-aids and bullets in one stop.

Momlady said...

Hi, Baby Sis...thanks for coming by. We did get a kick out of that sign. Have a great day.
HJ, glad you came by. Yup, bandaids and bullets.