Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Saturday, December 17, 2016

I'm back

Well, I'm back from my trip but don't have any pictures in the computer yet.  It was an interesting trip.  My main complaint, though, is that the cabins are way too small for two people who don't sleep in the same bed.  It was difficult to maneuver  around and, since we were on the bottom deck, the floors were quite cold.  If I ever take another river trip it will be in a cabin by myself. Can't say much for Heathrow Airport.  What a muckup it is.  The gates aren't announced until about 40 minutes before the flight so where do you park yourself if you have two or more hours to wait?  And if you are in the wrong spot you just may have to run to the right gate.  Luckily I chose to bite the bullet and go business class.  At least I could wait in a comfortable lounge.  Still, with a lot of time in between flights......
The best part of the trip was when I got to help make a blown glass ornament.  When the gentleman asked for a volunteer no one put their hand up so I did.  I now have a lovely ornament to put on my tree.  He introduced me to Jaegermeister just before making the ornament.  To give me "strength" to blow glass.  I like it and now have a shot before I go to bed.
I'll fill you in on more later.  Right now I have to get ready for the solstice, which is on Wednesday.  the tree is up and the grandchildren decorated it after I put on the lights.  There's baking to do, etc.  HJ a package is on its way to you from K and me.  Hope you enjoy.
'til later...remember - all who wander are not lost.

5 comments:

Sixbears said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to pics.

HermitJim said...

So glad you had a good time, even with the bed situation! Airports this time of the year can be a real pain in the backside!

Welcome home, my friend!

Momlady said...

Glad you stopped by, Sixbears. Will work on getting pictures on after the Solstice.
HJ thanks for the welcome. Heathrow is like that all the time.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Glad to hear from you, Momlady! Sounds like a great time - Jaegermeister and a blown glass ornament - unforgettable memories. And yes, Heathrow is always bad, but hopefully the markets made up for that.
Welcome home!

Momlady said...

Thanks, Baby Sis. The markets did make up for it. What a sad day for Berlin. Glad I wasn't there.