Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

My daughter

My daughter is coming up today.  We're working on a quilting project together. 17 years ago we did what is known as a shop hop.  This is where one visits quilt shops in the surrounding area.  That year every shop we went to had a different step of making a quilt.  You had to go to all the shops to get all the steps and find out what the quilt turned out to be.....mystery quilt, you see.  We visited all the shops and got all the instructions.  We followed the instructions together and made our quilts together (this was before kids came into the picture).  We both kept the instructions so we've decided to do it again, only this time with different colors.  She does her cutting at home then comes up here to sew.  This gives us some time together which is precious to me.  Her son is old enough to watch his sister for the time mom is here.  We both miss time together.  Maybe when the youngest is old enough to care for herself, mom and I can spend more time together.  Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to get pictures on here to show you when we're done.
Y'all have a glorious day and remember:  life is too short...it only has four letters.

2 comments:

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Sounds like a fun time, Momlady. I, too, miss time with just my daughter. Seems the only time we have is when we're shuttling the grandson back and forth, but that's not quality girl-time. You have inspired me to make some special time together. She has a new work schedule, so should be easier.
Thanks and enjoy!

Momlady said...

Enjoy your time with her, Baby Sis. Create good memories. Glad you stopped by.