Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Just received a call from daughter.  Her landline and internet have been cut off and she's not sure how long her cell will be on.  Although I'd like to help her I can't.  I have my own bills to pay and am already paying some of hers.  If her good-for-nothing ex-husband would pay what he owes her she could probably get them turned on again.  I've helped her with all this in the past but can't continue, especially since I don't know what my income is going to be next year.  I hate it but there's nothing I can do.  Her being without the internet isn't so bad as her being without a phone.  If only she hadn't bundled!  At least her laptop has wi-fi capability so she can always go to someplace that offers it for free.
Enough said....on that.
I'm slowly getting rid of whatever crud I caught (probably by going into the evil empire - Walmart - or some other store).  Last night was the first night I actually felt like cooking something for dinner.  It can only get better, right?  The upswing is that I've lost weight.  Of course it wasn't the right way to do it and I'll probably gain some or most of it back.  Hopefully it'll stay off.  I'm now getting into size 10 jeans.  Yay!  At any rate I'm getting to my goal, slowly.  Just a few more pounds and I'll be there.
It's looking gray out there.  Wouldn't be suprised if we got more rain.  Ugh.  We're coming into the time of year I dislike already and rain won't help.  I need sunshine!!  I now understand why older people head to the south and beyond in the winter.  The older I get the more I want more warm weather.
Guess it's time for me to get a move on.  I'm off to the gallery today, then 5 days off.  Tomorrow daughter and I head for Babies are everywhere to get gates and cupboard locks.  Those I don't mind paying for.  Tuesday is my grandson's birthday (9th?!!) and it's going to be celebrated at Chuck E. Cheese (groan).  I think part of my gift will be helping to pay for it.  I'll take some valium and ear plugs.
Y'all have a graceful day and remember:  if you stumble, get the hell up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a Super Day Momlady. I love your "inspirational quote" for the day! LOL!!

HermitJim said...

You certainly are more brave than I to go to the pizza place for a birthday party!

Hope you manage to get by without a headache!

You have a great day, my friend!