Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

The eclipse

I happen to live where the eclipse will be total.  We expect a hoard of people in the area.  In fact, all the hotels, motels, and campgrounds are booked solid.  I plan to stay home and off the road 'cause sure as shootin' some idiot will be driving and look at it and cause a crash.  And speaking of idiots, a friend of mine overheard someone whine..."why couldn't it come on the weekend?"  And this person votes?
My daughter has a dental appointment so is bringing the kids up so they can see it.  She has access to the good glasses to view with.  I plan on recording it on the tv.  That way I can enjoy it as many times as I please even though seeing it for real will be cool.  There is a possibility of cloud cover here but the effect will still be there with the sky going dark.
It will be interesting to see if the animals react to it.  My two cats will probably think it's time for bed and will want their treats.  Surprise!
Anyone out there going to do anything special?

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

Here on the Texas coast, we won't get the full effects of the eclipse and maybe that's a good thing. I'm planning to watch it on the net.
Animal reaction should be interesting, like you said.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Me, too, Bubba and Momlady. I have several friends who are heading to Missouri to see it, but we'll just stay here, hopefully safely. Would be great to see, and I'm sorry we're not in the prime viewing area but some idiot, like you say, will blind himself or cause a wreck or something.
I hadn't thought of watching my cat (he sleeps a lot anyway) but I'll check to see if he wants treats early ~

Momlady said...

I'll let y'all know how it goes here. Thanks for stopping by.