Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Travel

I love to travel.  There are some countries I won't go to, which I won't mention, just because I wouldn't feel safe.  There is a map on the wall in front of me which has pins stuck in it showing where I've been during this life of mine.  As I look at it I realize that there is much of this country that  I haven't seen, particularly the middle. I just may have to remedy that. Of course, it would be nice to have a travel companion.  I selfishly often wish my daughter did not have children.  We travel well together and I love her company.  That being said, the children are pretty good when on the road.  Nowadays they have portable video players and cell phones to keep them occupied.  Perhaps we could do a trip north stopping at Williamsburg and other historical sites.  My goal would be to end up in Maine at the same time as the lobster festival in Rockland.  We would, of course, have to stop in Bangor and visit the Duck of Justice, perhaps meet T.C.  I doubt I will live long enough to do all the traveling I want to do.  My bucket list has only one item.  That is to go back to Australia and once again visit Uluru (Ayers Rock).  Maybe throw in Coober-Peety (sp?) and see what it's like in that town underground.
Of course, if wishes were horses beggars would ride and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their asses when they jumped.  I shall be content to squeeze in what I can while I'm still upright.
Anyone out there have a special place you want to visit?
Y'all have a delightful day.

4 comments:

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Right along my alley this morning, Momlady. A lot of the world I've seen, and some I don't choose to, like you. But Hubby and I just made plans yesterday to do more US traveling, starting with Branson and Williamsburg this fall. I loved the colonial village, which he has not seen, and it's a good hub to make it around the area to other places. Maybe you and I will be ships that pass in the night in October ...

Sixbears said...

It's a big planet. I know I probably won't get to see all the places I want to go, and that makes me just a little sad. Then again, it's the journey, not the destination.

HermitJim said...

Lately I find myself just wanting to hang around the house more and more. I did a lot of wandering when I was younger, but I reckon I'm pretty happy here at home. Would like to visit the country more before it's too late!

Momlady said...

Baby Sis - I won't be going anywhere in October. About to take a trip to Alaska with my sister and brother. We're trying to do a yearly get together now that we are getting older. Next will be a class in January in North Carolina. But, who knows, maybe someday.
Sixbears - Hope all your journeys are good ones.
HJ - I guess maybe I suffer from wanderlust. Now that I can't work outside like I used to I find myself at sixes and sevens just staying home.
Thanks all for coming by.