Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Off and ummmm running?

Woo hoo....I 'm off to Tennessee in a couple of hours. I sure hope it's cooler there than here. I do, however, have things to do before I go. I watered the plants last night, packed, got my books to read, cleaned my toothbrush holder, etc. Oh yeah, made sugar water for the hummers but will fill the feeders this morning so they don't go without while I'm gone.
It's a lovely sunny day....a good one for taking photos, I'm guessing, in the Smokies. The mountain laurel should be in bloom or maybe it's the rhododendron...I can't remember. Anyway, I'm taking my camera in hopes of getting some nice photos. The last time I went (in March) it was rainy and so foggy you couldn't see 5 feet in front of you. I almost got carsick. Had to stop at Newfound Gap to gain my equilibrium back. Try driving while only being able to see right in front of you and nothing on the sides and see what happens. Looking forward to seeing the river rushing and the lush greenery. Then I get to go through Pigeon Forge and Sevierville, oh joy, oh rapture. It's summertime and the vacationers are a-plenty....so is traffic. I'll just put in a good CD, lean back and chill as I crawl along with the traffic.
Wish I had my daughter's way with words. I could make reading this (as if anyone reads it) more interesting. My brain doesn't work that way, unfortunately. Never could write descriptives. Guess my talents lie elsewhere.
It's off to get things done before I go. ta

No comments: