Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm Baaaaaack

Wow, what a trip! Sunshine, warmth, good food, good folks and time well spent with my daughter. I almost wish it would have continued. Unfortunately we have to get back to everyday life and I have the feeling that being on board ship for too much longer may have brought on a bit of boredom. Besides, the water was not that smooth and we did do some rockin' and rollin'. The ports we stopped in were all great save, maybe, for Dominica, which was a disappointment. I'm sure things will get better there when they have more experience with tourism. At the moment it must be difficult, what with the median yearly income a grand total of $1,500 (yup, that's it) and a 44% unemployment rate. Not a place a well-to-do tourist should go wandering alone in. Drugs are a problem, too. However, that being said, it was nice to see someplace different even if the tour we took didn't match the description given. Our others were a success and I'm sure my daughter will be posting pictures, so if you want to see where we were you can probably see them shortly if you visit http://Kyddryn.blogspot.com.

I have to brag on my daughter. On a quilt cruise you are sent a piece of fabric well in advance and the challenge is to make a 12 1/2" block that best shows the theme given. Daughter made her square and thought it was the saddest of the lot. Hopefully she posts a picture of it finished. At any rate, her block took second place! Not bad for the first try. Mine didn't even come close, but she did choose it (the two winners share the blocks) so it will be in whatever quilt she makes.

Well, I have a lot of catching up to do, both online and off. Would have been online on board but the cost was too much. Between daughter and me we could have spent a lot of moolah just to keep up with email and blogs. Besides, why go online when there is so much else to do? Luckily I am not tied to my computer or other electronics.

If only the house would quit moving......

2 comments:

Kyddryn said...

I can still feel the rolling...

It was fun, but much longer would have been too much, indeed, especially as we neither of us drank, gambled, ore ate our way into obivion (the three principal passtimes aboard ship).

Now I have to get my craft room put together enough to get busy on K's baby quilt...groannnnn...

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Momlady said...

Me....I have to get life put back together. Good luck with the craft room.