Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Friday, February 19, 2010

On the mend

My back is getting better. I was able to get out and about yesterday to "run" a few errands. Then it was back to my chair and knitting. This morning I seem to be spasm free, thank goodness, but I'm not taking any chances with bending over to pick something up, etc. I have a lot of laundry to do and will figure out a way, I'm sure. I may wait another day for that. I'd really like to be basking in the sun right now. It has warmed up some, but I wouldn't be surprised to see snow again, or rain
I spoke with my friend who was diagnosed and is being treated for cancer. She sounded very good and in good spirits. It's an unusual type called Peritoneal cancer. Which means the cancer cells don't settle in one place but hop around the peritoneum (if you don't know what that is look it up, please). It can be controlled but not cured. Yikes. Apparently it is with her for the rest of whatever life span she has left. Not the best thought. However, she will do the treatments and take each day with its blessings. And will call me if her husband needs a break. Her daughter lives near so that help is available, too.
Okay, enough depressing thoughts. Y'all have a happy day.

No comments: