Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Just a few more days and I'm off on my adventure (cruise). I'm flying into Seattle on Friday and will spend the next day touring around the city. If you've been there and have any suggestions, I'd appreciate you letting me know. I haven't traveled by air in 11 years so it's going to be an interesting experience at the airport(s). You know, security and all that. Yes, I'll be wearing shoes that are easily removed. I won't have any sharp objects on or with me. Those will be packed in my checked bag. Am I getting excited? You bet. A little nervous, too, since it's been so long. Daughter will be taking me to the airport and picking me up when I get back. 'Course, there's going to be the time difference to adjust to also. I'm going to take a bunch of pictures. Will learn how to post an album on Picassa so anyone who wants to see the photos will be able to go there to so do instead of me boring everyone here. So.....I won't be posting much, if at all, next week. It depends on how much time costs aboard the ship. I will have my MiniMom with me 'cause I want to check my email so I don't have a gazillion when I get back. And I want to continue voting for daughter's entry in Bourdain's contest. I'll be downloading pictures, too.

Y'all have a mundane Monday and remember:The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age....Lucille Ball

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like your trip is going to be great fun. I've never been to Seattle so I can't help with suggestions.
Here's to a mundane Monday!

mizdeb said...

Hope u have a wonderful time. I will be in Seattle next July for Lions International convention. Tips about the city would be great!

Momlady said...

'Preciate you stopping by Sci. Have a good Tuesday.

mizdeb: I'll be writing about the city and things to do in a little bit. I'll be taking notes while there. Have a great day!