Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hooray, the roofers came yesterday and I don't think there were any more leaks during that storm we had last night! The rain sure did come down hard. And the wind was something fierce. I must have been really tired since I slept through it all. Just as I was nodding off I saw lightning and heard thunder but that was about it for hearing anything more. It's still windy this morning and the sky is gray but the sun is supposed to shine on us later on. I sure hope so.

I'm experimenting with growing lettuce in one of my flower boxes on the porch. It held strawberry plants last year but they never made it through the winter. It sure would be cool to have fresh lettuce. And to know that there are no chemicals on it. I also bought some nasturtiums for later, after the lettuce. Did you know that they go well in salad? I bought red ones for the color.

Guess I'd better get ready to go to the co-op/gallery. It's a full day today with working there then going to dinner and a reception with friends.

Y'all have a calm day and remember: resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Nature sure can be entertaining at times! Also can be destructive when she puts her mind to it!

Like you, I don't know what to make of this weather!

Strange times!

Momlady said...

Indeed.