Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Friday, September 16, 2011

It's been a few days.  Haven't had anything to say, really.
Family coming up this evening.  Daughter and granddaughter taking part in our wearable art fashion luncheon tomorrow so the boys will hang here at the house.  I'll be holding down the "fort" (gallery) while some of our artists show off wearable art which will hopefully sell.
Looking a bit gray out there.  It's a lot cooler.  Yard got mowed, maybe for the next to last time, yesterday.  Glad it's cooled down some.  Have a feeling we're in for a bad winter.  Have never seen the squirrels grab all the berries off the dogwoods before.  Usually it's the birds that get them and then later in the year.  Think I'll start stocking up on things that can be made into uncooked meals.  We've had some mean ice storms in the past and I really don't want to be caught without.  I am glad I have fireplaces as well as a wood stove (in the basement).  Now all I have to do is stock up on some wood.  Experimented with a Weight Watcher recipe for Angel Food cupcakes.  One package of Angel Food cake mix and a 16 oz can of crushed pineapple in juice.  Overcooked them as we were told to follow the directions on the package.  They were still good, though.  Can't eat 'em, I've discovered.  My innards don't like the pineapple.  Diverticulosis sucks.
With that said, y'all have a delightful day and remember:  We are born naked, wet and hungry.  Then things get worse.

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

Enjoy the visit with the family! Good luck with the Gallery and the wearable art.

I think you're right about it being a bad Winter this year!