Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Yesterday was long and hot.  And people just weren't buying.  I'm the only one out of the six of us participating that sold anything.  While I'm glad I sold some things I'm disappointed that none of the beautiful pieces others had in the booth sold.  We all pretty much geared our pieces to a wine theme thinking that, since it was a wine festival, people would buy.  Nope.  Now we will try to sell all this stuff in the gallery.  Sometimes I wonder why we bother.  But the gallery keeps me going.  Not only can I go "play", but I'm also with friends instead of being alone here.  Not a good thing being alone all the time, even if there are a gazillion things that can keep me busy here. 
It's supposed to rain for the next couple of days.  We need it.  Hope it isn't a continuous downpour but rather a gentle ground soaking rain.  In many places the earth is so dry it's cracked.  A pounding rain would just run off the surface.
Back to the wine festival.  I did  get some pictures of the "grape stomping".  Not as picturesque as I believed it would be.  There might have been all of 2 to 4 inches of grapes in the tub.  Those that did stomp seemed to enjoy the experience though.  I'll check the pictures to see if any of them are any good.  No, I didn't participate.  I had hoped for more juice flying but I guess the winery didn't want purple people wandering around.  Oh well.
Y'all have a peace filled day today and tomorrow.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Sorry you didn't move more pieces although I'm looking forward to some of the pics of the stomping! Never been to one!

Have a safe day!

Momlady said...

Thanks, Jim. Pictures not good but I may post. Don't know yet. Have a nice reunion. My best to all.