Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

This 'n' that

The list of people I used to follow is fairly long.  Now there are only two or three still posting here.  Don't know why or where they've gone.  It's a bit lonely.  I'll still be posting, though, as it helps keep me centered, so to speak.  And there are a couple of people who read me and post comments.  Oh well, onward and upward.
Taking the day off as far as weeding goes.  Planted a curly willow day before yesterday.  Hoping the deer don't eat it.  I have three more to plant and feel kinda proud that I was able to get cuttings to grow enough to plant.  Now I just have to figure out where to put them.  
I need to figure out where to put the mason bee houses, also.  They've been busy under the porch so I think I'll be setting one up there.  I didn't know what they were when they first appeared.  There they were making holes in the soil, going in and out.  Almost decimated them then because I didn't know what kind of bee they are.  Now I'm glad to see them as they are great pollinators.
The blueberry bushes are full of almost ready berries.  Pretty soon I'll be able to go down and pick 'em for my cereal.  Love fresh blueberries.  And they're good for you!
Looks like it's going to rain today.  I'm going to a brunch at one of the local restaurants.  It's being put on by a local clothing store so there'll be a fashion show.  The money raised goes to the animal shelter which needs all the help it can get.  It was overwhelmed when 300 animals were seized from a place where the neglect was horrendous.  Even the U.S. SPCA had to come in and help.  I don't understand how people can do that to animals.  It wasn't just dogs and cats but horses and donkeys as well.  Although there may have been extenuating circumstances I hope they are never allowed to have animals again.
If any of you out there in the blue nowhere are mothers I wish you a Happy Mother's Day.  

No comments: