Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Weeding

For the past two days I've been getting up with the roosters so I can get out early before the sun comes up over the trees.  It's started to get warm and I need to get a lot of weeding done.  Last year a friend helped but she has a job now so doesn't have the time.  I might make it through 2 hours but that's about my limit.  This old body can't do as much as it used to.  My muscles are letting me know that, especially my knees.
I'm hoping to fill in the bare areas with  more plants.  That's for this weekend....maybe.  The goal, of course is to not have any bare areas.  I believe I mentioned before that there won't be a vegetable garden this year.  We're supposed to have another dry summer this year and I don't want to take the chance of my well going dry.
With all that said I'm off to get outside while it's still cool.  The weeds are calling.  Y'all have a good day and remember.....weed is a four-letter word.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

That's why I sprang for the expense of having the yard guys come every week. I can't do the yard stuff anymore.

I don't think we will be in a drought, but it has been drier than normal, so I reckon time will tell. You take care, my friend!

Momlady said...

Wish I could hire someone. I may look into it but doing the work myself puts me in touch with my plants and gives me some exercise as well, even though my body doth protest. thanks for coming by.