Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Dermatologist

Going to the dermatologist today to have the stitches removed from my left ear.  A week ago I had a basal cell carcinoma removed.  I thought I might end up with a pixie ear but no.  Just a little indentation.  I wouldn't have minded a pixie ear. I know it's healing  'cause it itches!  I've been keeping Neosporin on it as told.  Taking a shower to wash my hair is interesting.  I've gotten the ear wet but have been VERY careful drying my hair and drying my ear.  Now when I go out in the sun I have to wear a hat so my face and ears are shaded.  Maybe when my hair gets longer and I can cover my ears with it I'll just put on sun block.  I don't like to wear hats.  They get in  my way, especially if I'm working around bushes and trees.  The joys of getting older, hah!
Y'all have a good day and remember:  not all who wander are lost.

4 comments:

Sixbears said...

Glad they caught it before it became a major problem. I'm just the opposite. I wear large wide brimmed hats because I hate sunscreen.

HermitJim said...

I know that itching must be driving you crazy, but as you say it's a good sign. Take good care of yourself, my friend.

Momlady said...

Sixbears, I will wear a wide brimmed hat when working in the clear, but not around bushes and trees where it can get caught. I'm not a fan of sunscreen either. Probably why I have the current problem.
HJ...will try. Thanks for coming by.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

I LOVE hats, Momlady! Wear them every chance I get, summer and winter. All colors, all sizes.

Hubby's doctor said to throw out the Neosporin as it's over-priced and an ingredient is being tested as a carcinogen. Told us to get any triple acting ointment instead. But if that's what the doctor said, then by all means use it. Ours' may be delusional ~

Good luck with the hats ...