Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

New problem

Had the stitches out yesterday.  Dr. said it was looking good.  I have to go back in a couple of weeks though because there is another spot on the back of the same ear.  Because it is a basal cell carcinoma, which I'm told rarely becomes malignant, I going to ask if it is absolutely necessary to excise it.  Maybe it can be frozen instead.  If it doesn't have to be removed I'm going to let it be for the time being.  If it gets bigger, etc. I'll consider getting it excised.  It doesn't help that the surgery might interfere with my wearing a hearing aid.  I had to keep wiping the antibiotic ointment off it this time.  Happily I was able to wear it at least.  My hearing isn't so bad that I could get away with not wearing it but people would sure be unhappy with my constantly asking them to repeat themselves.  Because winter is coming and I won't be working outside, my skin will have a break.  I'm letting my hair grow, also, so my ears and neck will be covered by the time spring rolls around and I start working outside again.  And because I live by myself I do have to get out there.
Y'all have a glorious day and remember:  he who hesitates may be waiting for traffic to pass.

5 comments:

HermitJim said...

If you can get along without surgery, I say go fr it. I don't like the idea of folks cutting on me...at all!

Sixbears said...

Good luck! Take care of yourself and stay well.

Momlady said...

I don't either, HJ. Thanks for stopping by.
Thank you, Sixbears.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

I'm the same with my hearing aids - can hear ok without them, but better company with them. Best thing I ever did ~ almost.

Momlady said...

Baby Sis...my daughter insisted I get my hearing checked. I finally did. I guess pride kept me from realizing I needed to.