Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The power went out at 4:30 this morning.  How do I know?.  I was awake for one thing...Mother Nature calling.  Also the fan went off, then on again, off, on, off.  I figured it was a tree or some heavy limbs on a line somewhere close.  Luckily I had the number for the power company handy so I gave them a call.  Automated system don't you know.  I waited a while, then a truck drove in my driveway apparently looking for where the problem was.  Not long after he left I heard a chainsaw.  Shortly the power came back on.  I tried to go back to sleep to no avail.  Just lay in bed dozing, knowing I would have to get up soon.  I have to give my power company (HEMC) credit for the fast response.   Don't know if it was a tree here in my little community but it wouldn't surprise me.  Most of the folks are just plain ignorant when it comes to that sort of thing.  It's why I have underground lines.  If the neighbors would keep an eye out on their trees and trim the limbs when necessary we wouldn't have to go through this.  Also we do have some absentee land owners here and they are totally unaware.  The first time we lost power it was from a tree that was on an absentee land owner's lot.  It was a large tree, too.  Luckily one of the people who lives nearby came and cleaned up after the power company had cleared the road and restored power.  That time we were without power for 14 hrs.
Y'all have a good one and remember.....today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

No comments: