Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'm baaaaaack.  It was three long days of quilt expo.  I loved every minute.  Not only did I get to see some truly awesome quilts, spend money and make new acquaintances, I got to learn some new stuff.  I'll go back again next year both for the sewing expo and the quilting expo.  Granted I don't get paid in money.  I get paid in having fun while working.  I probably spent more than I should have but I did get some scrumptious fabric.  I did notice that attendance was down.  Unfortunately some of the classes had to be cancelled due to lack of participants.  Yeah, yeah, I know, it's due to the economy.  A number of volunteers cancelled, too, which put a burden on the rest of us.  Chickens.  It was a little nippy yesterday morning but it sure did warm up nicely.  So why did people cancel?
Because I live a distance away from the convention center I stayed at a hotel nearby.  That way I didn't have to get up at o'dark-thirty to get there on time.  I'll do the same next year.  Might stay at a different place, though.  The hotel I stayed at was just a bit noisy, being as my room faced the highway.  And the walls were just a bit thin.  I really don't enjoy listening to a man doing his business (which happened only once, but that was enough).  There's another hotel beside/behind this one which I will probably try next time.
There's probably a lot I should be doing today but I'm going to work on a quilting project for the exhibition our guild will be having at the botanical gardens in Athens, GA.
Y'all have a quiet day and......

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Glad you had a good time looking at all the quilt related stuff!

For some reason I find more and more folks are giving up on attending things like craft shows and expos...wonder why?

Back to Summer here, but maybe we'll get some cool weather later in the week!

Have a great day!

Momlady said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jim. Beautiful weather here right now. Cool nights and warm days.