Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gonna be another hot one.  When I let the cat out before 7 this morning it was already 80 on the front porch, in the shade.  I was able to get some work done yesterday even though the sweat started almost immediately after I stepped outside.  The rest of the day was spent inside and I was very thankful for air conditioning.  Think I'll stay inside again today and maybe get some sewing done.
Will be travelling to TN tomorrow to visit friends.  Will be there for 4 days to celebrate the 4th.  I've known these folks for some time now and love to visit.  They have a home half way up a ridge and their view is fantastic.  It's become a yearly visit and I'm going to miss it when it can't happen anymore.  We are all getting older and my friend V has incurable cancer.  Treatments are keeping her alive.  Her spirits are good.  She let her doctor know that she just wants to stay alive because she needs to look after her husband who now has no short term memory.  Luckily he's aware of it and has accepted the fact.  He does not have Alzheimer's.  If V goes first I don't know what will happen to J.  Hopefully their daughter will step in to help.  At any rate, I'm going to enjoy their company while I can.
Y'all have a safe 4th and remember.....freedom is not free.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Seems like we are losing so many friends and the numbers are climbing every day!

I do hope your friends can have some help nearby when the time comes!

Enjoy the visit, my friend, but careful on the road!

Momlady said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jim. You have a safe 4th.