Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Today daughter and I are going to do something together. No, not shopping. We're going to make masks. One of the artists with whom I "play" at the gallery is doing a workshop and I signed us up for it. It's been a long time since daughter and I have had the time to do something artsy together. A friend of hers is going to watch the grandson. Ex-husband was supposed to but he "forgot" and is working a race instead (how convenient). He often "forgets" or something will come up at the last minute when he's supposed to have his son for the weekend or he says he'll pick him up at a specific time and then doesn't show up until much later. Daughter has given up trying to make any solid plans for those weekends. Grrrr. It would be nice if she and J could come up for a weekend without grandson. He can be a handfull at times and constantly wants attention, giving his mom little peace (of which she could use some right now). Hopefully today will be an enjoyable one for her. I know it will be for me. So with that I will say.... have a nice Sunday and remember: Faith is a journey......not a guilt trip.

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

It's nice to be able to share some adult time together!

We all love the kids, but all parents should have a break from time to time!

Tatersmama said...

It sounds like you and your daughter are going to have a lovely day togther!

Every parent needs some "down time"... and I'm glad your daughter has such a good friend!

Momlady said...

True, Jim.

TM, I'm glad she has good friends, too. It was a lovely day.