Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's a bit chilly this morning but should warm up enough for me to get outside and get some work done.  I forgot to mention the other day that I saw the first hummingbird of the year.  I made some sugar water and put out the feeder for it.  Still only one as far as I can tell.  At first the cat was fascinated.  She soon realized, however, that there was no getting too it and it was a long way down off the porch rail.
We've had quite a bit of rain in the last few days.  The 'mater plants look to be thriving, so far, and the peppers as well.  My dehydrator arrived.  It's huge!  I think I could dehydrate every fig on the fig tree with it.  I'm certainly going to experiment with it.  It came with some good books on how to, etc.
I'm still trying to lose those last 2 pounds to get to my goal weight.  It's frustrating!  I shall persevere. 
Y'all have a wonderous day and remember:  the earth is the insane asylum of the universe.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

For some reason I didn't put up a bird feeder or a feeder for the hummers the last couple of years! Need to do that!

The cats really do like to watch the birds, don't they?

Sorry you are getting a touch of the cooler weather, but as long as it doesn't freeze, all is well!

Have a great day!

Momlady said...

Cooler weather wouldn't be so bad except for the fruit trees, etc. You have a terrific day and thanks for stopping by.