Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, April 29, 2012


The last few days I was a "guest" at what my daughter calls Redneck Central General Horspital and Sock Emporium.  It seems my stomach and esophagus had had enough and decided to rebel......violently and without mercy.  Having been raised to be stoic I tried to tough it out but, after 16 hours of hell, finally realized that things were definitely NOT going to get better and caved in and called 911.  A definite first for me.  The EMT's were super and took me to the hospital of my choice, not the local one (my experiences in the ER there are another whole story).   I hurt.  I mean I HURT.  Those of you out there who have had children know what kind of pain I was in.  Dilaudid was my friend in the ER.  I hope to never go through that again.  Thankfully, though, gastritis and esphagitis is all it was (is) and there are medications for that.  I must say I had enough antibiotics pumped into me to kill every germ on the planet.  One positive thing out of all of this is that I found out I am allergic to the antibiotic Cipro.  Thankfully the nurse and I realized that the itching starting to go up my arm was not the tape holding down the IV.  Drawback is that it'll have to be paid for anyway.  Every time they scanned the band on my wrist I mentally went cha-ching.  Because I'm diabetic every finger on each hand has a hole or two in it from having my blood sugar tested.  Surprisingly it only "spiked" twice and they only gave me insulin once (I'm on pills at home, not insulin) and that was yesterday morning before "breakfast". 
Daughter came and picked me up and brought me home, bless her.  That's another reason I had them take me to that particular hospital.  She lives fairly close by.  She told me if it happens again to call her and she'll come get me and take me in herself and save ambulance charges.  I thanked her and let her know that this time it wouldn't have been the right thing to do as things had gone too far.
Enough of my trials and tribulations.  Y'all have a peaceful day and.....be thankful for good health.

5 comments:

SHARON said...

Glad you're feeling better. We all have the horror stories about hospitals and such. Glad yours turned out for the best. Please take care.

Kyddryn said...

Mwah!

HermitJim said...

Man, I am so sorry you had to go through that! No fun being to taken to the hospital!

Glad it wasn't more serious than it was, even though it was serious!

Good thing that K was there to give you a lift! I do hope you don't get another flare up!

Take care, my friend!

CottonLady said...

Oh my, sorry you had to go through this! But sure am glad you are better and home now. I hope you are all better soon. Take care.

commoncents said...

I know I've said it before but I love visiting you blog! Keep up the great work!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com