Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Well, whoop di doo. It appears that the flashing around my chimney is in bad shape. I knew something was amiss so I called a roofing company (the company that originally did the job isn't around anymore, go figure). It's gonna cost about a grand to get it fixed but they can't fix it until sometime next week. In the meantime I get to listen to water dripping down the inside of the wall next to the fireplace in my room. Not exactly a noise to put one to sleep. Nope. I tossed and turned last night wishing I could block it out. And, unfortunately, we're supposed to get more rain in the next two days. Oh, the joys of home ownership. It's times like this that I think about getting a condo somewhere and letting someone else worry about things that go wrong. Just glad I have the wherewith to have it done.
Y'all have a dry day and consider: Life isn't like a bowl of cherries....it's more like a jar of jalapenos; what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

No comments: