Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Brrr...

It's in the teens again this morning and my poor heat pump is struggling away...again....while the meter thingy turns at a gazillion miles an hour. When, oh when, is the temperature going to get back up to where it belongs? It's weird......one year we had daffodils blooming at this time it was so warm. I feel for the citrus growers in FL. But I got my honeybells! Yum, yum! Glad my brother remembered and glad the weather held long enough for them to be harvested. Since I do only get them once I year I very much appreciate their yumminess (that is so a word).
It being Sunday, I think I'll take it easy. Maybe even go shopping....for fabric. Not that I don't have any. I have more that I know what to do with at the moment. However, what I have is not what I need to make a particular square. Isn't it always that way. And I'm hoping the print shop is open tomorrow so I can get some drawings enlarged. These are part of the square I'm putting together. Ahhhh, paper piecing. A wonderful challenge....speaking of which....this is why I'm putting this particular square together. It's for the challenge on the cruise I'm taking next month (I wish it were here NOW). Yup, my daughter and I are getting away.....into the sun (we hope) and warmth. The Evil Genius stays home this time with a friend who is willing and up to the challenge of keeping him safe and entertained. Maybe next time he can come with but it's going to be a while before a next time.
And now on to the day.......

2 comments:

Kyddryn said...

I feel ya on the heat pump, Mum...I don't know that mine's been off for days. If I had a fireplace or woodstove, it'd be in full swing!

I did a rough sketch of my square today...don't know how it will turn out, but I'm going to try. The hammock is still worrying me, but luckily it can be the last bit I do.

Meanwhile, I have Honeybell envy...enjoy them!!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Momlady said...

I know you can do it (the hammock, I mean). I have to get some drawings enlarged for mine and hope to today. As for the Honeybells, I'll try to save you some.....maybe.