Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's beautiful outside. Cold but beautiful. Apparently it snowed some last night and the snow settled on the ice already on the trees. With the sun shining the trees look like they are covered in white lace. I'd include a picture here but my camera is packed and I'm not unpacking it.
Day after tomorrow my daughter and I will be on our way to warmer climes via cruise ship. Perhaps the warmth and sun will lighten my mood. For whatever reason, I get somewhat depressed at the end of January and during the month of February (I call it Febru-ugly). Getting away from here for a while helps since when I get back I have the feeling that Spring is just around the corner. Just how far away that corner is is a guess (I've seen it snow here in April), but it's there.
Looking forward to warmth and sunshine......

3 comments:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

You should both enjoy, and benefit deeply from-- the change in clime, momlady.
I have a feeling spring is closer than... well, close enough apres votre return that it won't seem so far away.

And, to be practical, April is only six weeks from your return...

Slainte, momlady. Hasta menana.

HermitJim said...

Hope you have a very good trip, my friend.

I'll keep a candle in the window for ya...!

Momlady said...

HermitJim....thank you. Keep the coffee going while I'm away.