Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Monday, January 4, 2010

I think my grandson's birthday was a success. At least none of the cried and they had a good time whacking at the pinata. As for me I was exhausted when I got home, not because I did a lot, but because of all the noise. Makes me glad I'm no longer the parent of a young person. Oh, I'm still a parent and always will be. That's just it. Sometimes I wonder if I want to be still a parent. Sometimes I want to run away from home. Even though I live by myself...lol.

It's off to the gallery today for clean-up. Every year at the beginning of January we take everything off the walls, spackle the nail holes and paint, paint, paint. This year we may not do as much painting since it is unsure if we will be in the building after June. The company that owns the building and has let us use it for the past 10+ years may be giving it to the state to use as a welcome center. It will be a shame if we lose it as there is no other place for us at this time and a lot of artists would lose a place in which to show and sell their works.

So....the president is ending his vacation in Hawaii. I hope y'all enjoyed paying for it.

Have a good day.

4 comments:

Kyddryn said...

Whew...I was wiped out by the end of it. The noise...dear goddess...the noise...

After everyone was gone, the Evil Genius played a game, SOmeone napped, and I sat on the couch in a daze for a while.

And no, you never stop being Mommy...sigh...

I'm glad you were here - and I got some terrific pics of you with the baby and with A (the little girl).

Shade and Sweetwater,
K (who has more dip than she knows what to do with...I see a lot of scrambled egg creations in our future)

HermitJim said...

I'm glad you had a good time at the party! I know what you mean about the noise getting to you...

I completely understand about wanting to run away from home sometimes...

I do hope you don't lose your building. That would indeed be a shame!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Home?

Sounds like a four-letter word to me...

Dunno what that be anymore... um, if ever I had an inkling.

I think all were exhausted by the end o' the shindig.

A bright, beautiful exhaustion, yes, but pooped none the less... ha!

Slainte, Momlady!

Momlady said...

Kyddryn.....look forward (I think) to seeing the pics. And I'm sure you'll think of great ways to finish the dip.

HermitJim....Yes it would be a shame 'cause we have a lot of talented people in the area. Glad you stopped by.

Cygnus...think you are now home.