Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Friday, January 8, 2010

We have snow! Not much, just enough to cover the ground, but it sure is pretty. Should stick around for a while (at least a day) since we have had temps in the teens at night and below freezing during the day. We'll see. It's supposed to go up into the 50's over the weekend. See-saw weather. At least it wasn't ice. I confess I am not overly fond of ice storms. They tend to knock out the power, etc. The schools closed early yesterday, just in case. Can't say as I blame them. Nothing like a school bus not being able to get to where it needs to go to drop of the kids. It was a hassle for some of the working parents....but better safe than sorry.
It's cold today but the sun is shining (at least for now). I haven't seen a weather forecast and won't simply because there is nothing I can do about it and frankly don't care what it does as long as it doesn't rain. The ground here is absolute saturated and can't take anymore. Of course, part of that problem comes from "paving paradise and putting in a parking lot" down in the big city and environs. But even here in the country where you would think there would be enough run off room it's a problem. So no more rain for a while, please Momma. Snow, fine. I'll just snuggle up and stay warm.
Can't really decide what to do today. Think I'll work on putting the furniture back in its place now that the tree is gone and the hols are well over. And I have a label I need to make for the quilt. Laundry awaits.....alas.
Whatever your day brings, I hope it is pleasant......
Oh, with the temps being what they are everywhere (well under the average for this time of year), tell me....are we still under global warming?

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Well, I don't need any snow or ice or rain or any of that! I'll just stay inside and drink my coffee...or whatever!

Hope you find something to occupy your time, without i being too much like work!

have a great day!

Momlady said...

I did get a bunch of things done, including paying bills (yuck). Have a warm day.