Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Warmth

Wow, it was in the low 60's yesterday. Felt almost like summer. Went down to the pond after getting a new thermostat put in the van (that pesky light came on again and I wasn't going to take any chances) and made sure the overflow pipe was clear...it was. The water lilies were below the surface and I'm hoping the ice killed them off. Probably not so I'll have to take care of that in the spring. Yeah, yeah, water lilies are pretty. They are choking off the pond, though, and the poor fish won't be getting any O2.
If it stays like this I may get some yard work done. Not today.....it's guild day and that takes up most of the day.
Have things to do so.....

Hope you have laughter in your day.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

It could be a fun job for someone to clear out the lilly pads for you!

All you have to do is to mention that the fishing will be better if they are removed...and that should do the trick!

Momlady said...

HermitJim, I'm so used to doing things for myself, by myself, that I hadn't even thought of asking someone to do it. Good thought. Thanks!