Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Friday, January 1, 2010

It's a new day in a new year. Hopes are high that this will be a better one. Don't count on it. Until those in D.C. realize they work FOR THE PEOPLE and not for themselves and anyone with enough money to "contribute" to their agenda, we the people are going to pay and pay and pay. Doesn't anyone realize where the money for all these bailouts is coming from?

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human hisory, the stage of rule by brute force." -Ayn Rand

While I did not read the story behind the headlines, what I saw was scary enough. One was about banning smoking in public. Now, I am an ex smoker and I don't like walking through a cloud of cigaretter smoke any more than another non-smoker. However, if a person lights up in the middle of a parking lot, well, that's a public place and I support that person's right to do so. What about cigars and pipes? I really dislike the smell of cigar smoke which seems to linger a lot longer than that of a cigarette. Pipe smoke, on the other hand, can be quite pleasant. Where will it end?
The other headline said something about banning the preparation and/or serving of certain foods. I think it was food that had fat content. Telling me what I can or cannot eat? Nuh, uh. People need to take responsibility for their own actions. If a person wants to live on junk food, fine. Just don't try to sue the companies selling it because you put on weight and look like the Michelin man.
I realize I'm going off on something I just had a glimpse of so I'll try to find those two articles so I know exactly what they said. Amazing what just a headline can do, isn't it?

The government cannot protect us from terrorists because it refuses to profile and yet it wants to tell us how to live our lives. It needs to mind its own business.

'nuf said....oh, yeah....happy new year

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Just what we need...more government programs to "protect" us!

Getting to be ridiculous, in my opinion!

Good post!

Kyddryn said...

I'll refrain from voicing my opinion of the new healthcare bill here..the Internet isn't big enough to hold it.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K