Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Thursday, July 7, 2016

To water or not to water

When I checked the garden day before yesterday the melon plants were looking very sad.  Although I've been trying not to water because of lack of rain and my well having gone dry the last week I went ahead and watered, keeping my fingers crossed that it would revive them and the tomatoes and the peppers.  I didn't water for long and I watered just the veggies.  Looks like it did.  Then, that evening, I got out my rain rattle.  Yesterday we had rain, this morning early we had rain.  We may get more today.  We need it.  I don't know where the water comes from that's in my well.  It's 440 feet down.  They drilled through 400 feet of granite.  The water is sweet (yes, it is) and very refreshing.  Hopefully any rain we get will keep that water flowing and I'll continue to be careful with using it. Meanwhile I'll keep the rain rattle handy.

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

Looks like the rain rattle worked! For whatever reason, I'm glad you finally got some rain to water the garden.
Sometimes Mother Nature is a little stingy with the water.

Momlady said...

I'm going to keep using it if need be.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Yeah, Momlady - keep on rattling, and send some thoughts our way, too, please.
If I knew a rain dance I'd try that!
Funny to think this way when back in April & May we thought the floods would never stop ...