Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Bats

One of the gentlemen, a veteran, who attends the veterans' workshop at the Helen Art Center, makes bat houses.  I saw them at our Christmas in July event and bought one.  Yesterday morning he and his wife came by and installed it.  I can see it from the porch.  Now all I need are bats.  I'm told they'll come, just be patient.  My neighbor used to have them but closed off their access.  Maybe they'll make their way over here.  They'll certainly keep the mosquito population down and maybe some of the other bugs that hang around here also.  I don't know why some people are afraid of bats.  Maybe the horror movies about them?  Yes, I know they can carry disease but it's rare.
This same gentleman is going to start making bluebird houses.  I'll be getting some of those also.  The post holding the one I have finally gave up and crashed.  The bottom had rotted.  I had birds in there all the time so need to get that house up again.  This time on something that won't rot.