Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Friday, April 5, 2019

It worked

Yesterday I expected to have another CT scan to see if having my arm by my side instead of in back holding a post would work.  Well.....didn't have to have the scan!  We tried positioning me with my hand down by my side in the treatment room on the machine and were successful!  They were able to give me treatment with no problem.  I do have some new "magic" markings but who cares?  Those will wash off eventually.  What a relief it was to get up off the "slab" without having a painful arm.
Now I don't have to take the Tylenol before I go.  And maybe the feeling will come back in my arm.
All because a doctor was will to try.

5 comments:

HermitJim said...

I love it when a plan comes together! Glad that you could get your treatment without the pain. Sure is nice to know the doc was listening to ya!

Sixbears said...

Good for you! Every victory is sweet. Be well.

Momlady said...

Thanks, HJ. I do believe the feeling is beginning to return to my arm.
Sixbears, I plan on it. You too.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

What a waste of pain and suffering when the doc won't listen! Glad someone was able to help, and with such a simple solution. I'm changing my primary care doc because even though he listens, his back office staff is so slow with getting things like referrals done, it's just too frustrating. None of us needs that kind of "help".
Kudos to you for sticking to your guns ~

Momlady said...

Baby Sis -When the staff doesn't do as it's supposed to I let the doctor know. I've worked in a doctor's office so I don't put up with it. Tell the doctor why you're changing. Good luck.