Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Yesterday I went out and did some major weeding. You see, one of my kitties is buried under a huge slab of a tree I had to have cut down and the weeds had taken over around it. There's a yard art sculpture of a cat sitting on said slab and it faces the bird feeders so my kitty can watch the birds while residing in catnip heaven. At any rate I managed to clear enough so said yard art kitteh can now see the bird feeders. The rest of the weeds got Round-Upped. It was too hot (and my body was wilting) to go all the way around the slab. I have protesting muscles this morning to prove it. Once the Round-Up has taken effect I'll pull the rest of the weeds. But I'll get out there much earlier in the day. I think the heat index must have been hovering around 100 yesterday.
Bless his heart J worked basically all day and got a lot done. He was able to take a now fixed lawn mower home. Hopefully it won't crap out on him, thus proving that my daughter's house is cursed when it comes to machinery. I kind of wish I could have worked outside all day. Maybe then I'd sweat off a few pounds. Unfortunately I'm getting too old for it....working outside all day in the heat, that is.
Since I arose so late this morning I guess I'd better get a move on and get something done. Maybe a piece of jewelry or two or a couple of squares on the quilt I'm working on. It's gonna be another hot one and I plan on staying inside where it's cool.
Y'all have a peaceful Sunday and remember: God writes a lot of comedy...the trouble is he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny....Garrison Keillor

No comments: